What is Thro-Grower?Thro-Grower contains 5% Minoxidil and Redensyl in a scalp-friendly conditioner base.
For men and women with hair thinning or hair loss area on the top of the scalp.
Who may use Thro-Grower?Thro-Grower may be appropriate for you if you are an adult who is at least 18 years old and experiencing gradually thinning hair or gradual hair loss on the top of the head. The common hereditary thinning or hair loss process begins slowly and may become noticeable only after years of gradual loss.
Thro-Grower is FDA approved for those who have a general thinning of hair on the top of the scalp (vertex only).
Not approved by the FDA for frontal baldness or a receding hairline, but has shown positive results in clinical settings.
Who should NOT use Thro-Grower?Thro-Grower is not indicated for anyone with existing scalp irritation. You should ask your doctor if you are unsure of the cause of your hair loss.
Can Thro-Grower be used to prevent hair loss?We do not know if Thro-Grower will prevent hair loss.
How soon can I expect results from using Thro-Grower?Since normal hair usually grows only one half to one inch per month, hair regrowth with Thro-Grower also takes time. Generally new hair growth is slow for Thro-Grower.
Continued use two times a day for at least four to six months is usually needed before you notice hair regrowth.
If you do not see hair regrowth in four months, stop using Thro-Grower and see your doctor.
When you first begin to use Thro-Grower, your hair loss may continue for up to two weeks. This hair loss is temporary. If you continue to lose hair after two weeks, see your doctor.
If Thro-Grower is working, what will the hair look like?At first, hair regrowth may be soft, downy, colorless hairs. After further use, the new hair should be the same color and thickness as the other hair on your scalp.
How long do I need to use Thro-Grower?If you respond to Thro-Grower, you need to use it two times a day to keep and continue the hair regrowth. Up to eight months of usage may be needed to see your best results from Thro-Grower.
What happens if I completely stop using Thro-Grower? Will I keep the new hair?Continuous use of Thro-Grower is needed to maintain hair regrowth. If you stop using Thro-Grower, the normal hair loss process will start again.You will probably lose your newly regrown hair in four to six months.
What is the dosage of Thro-Grower?You should apply one pump (1 mL) directly onto the scalp in the hair loss area two times a day; for example once in the morning and one hour before bedtime. Each bottle should last about three months, if used as directed.
What if I miss a dose or forget to use Thro-Grower?If you miss one or two daily doses of Thro-Grower, just continue with your next dose. You should not make up for missed doses.
Can I use Thro-Grower more than two times a day? Will it work faster, better?No. Thro-Grower will not work faster or better if used more than two times a day. More frequent use or larger doses have not been shown to speed up hair growth.
What are the most common side effects with Thro-Grower?The most common side effects come from overuse. More frequent use or larger doses have not been shown to speed up hair growth and may increase your chances of side effects, such as frequent headaches, increased heart rate, and an increase in unwanted facial hair.
What kind of shampoo should I use with Thro-Grower?If you wash your scalp before applying Thro-Grower, use Dr. Thrower’s Shampoo and Conditioner.
Can I use hair spray, mousse, conditioner, gel, etc?Yes. There is no reason to change your usual hair care routine when using Thro-Grower. However, you should apply Thro-Grower before applying your styling aids.
Can I have my hair colored, chemically treat my hair, perm it or use relaxers while using Thro-Grower?Yes. We have no information that these treatments change the effect of Thro-Grower. Re-apply a day after chemical service.
Can I apply Thro-Grower and wash my hair an hour later?No. For Thro-Grower to work best, you should allow the product to remain on the scalp for about four hours before washing.
Can I swim, exercise (sweat) or go out in the rain?Yes. If possible, apply Thro-Grower to a dry scalp after swimming or exercising or wait about four hours after application before going swimming or exercising.
Can Thro-Grower produce unwanted hair?Although unwanted hair growth has been reported on the face and on other parts of the body, such reports have been infrequent. The unwanted hair growth may be caused by the transfer of Thro-Grower to areas other than the scalp (application to frontal or receding hair line may increase probability of unwanted facial hair). If applying to frontal or receding hairline, apply 1/4 inch above hair loss area. If you experience unwanted hair, discontinue using Thro-Grower and see your doctor for recommendations about appropriate treatment. If growth was caused by the use of Thro-Grower, the unwanted hair should go away over time after stopping use.
You can take steps to decrease the chances for unwanted hair growth:
- Limit the application of Thro-Grower only to the scalp.
- If you use your hands to apply Thro-Grower, wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.
- Allow sufficient absorption time (usually one hour) before going to bed after your nighttime application of Thro-Grower.
Can I use Thro-Grower for baldness or hair loss in babies and children?No. Thro-Grower must not be used to treat baldness or hair loss in babies or children.
Are there any special warnings about the use of Thro-Grower?For External use only.
- Your degree of hair loss is more than that shown in the photo below, because this product may not work for you.
- Your hair loss is sudden and/or patchy.
- Your hair loss is associated with childbirth.
- You do not know the reason for your hair loss.
- You are under 18 years of age. Do not use on babies and children.
- Your scalp is red, inflamed, infected, irritated, or painful.
- Using other medicines on the scalp. Ask a Doctor before use if you have heart disease.
- Do not apply on other parts of the body.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. In case of accidental contact, rinse eyes with large amounts of cool tap water.
- Some people have experienced changes in hair color and/or texture.
- It takes time to regrow hair. You may need to use this product two times a day for at least four months before you see results.
- The amount of hair regrowth is different for each person. This product will not work for everyone.
- Chest pain, rapid heartbeat, faintness, or dizziness occurs.
- Sudden, unexplained weight gain occurs.
- Your hands or feet swell.
- Scalp irritation or redness occurs.
- Unwanted facial hair growth occurs.
- You do not see hair regrowth in four months. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
What factors may increase the risk of serious side effects with Thro-Grower?Thro-Grower should be applied only to the scalp. The risk of side effects may be greater when Thro-Grower is applied to other parts of the body.
See real patient results:
View our full photo library here