When it comes to your skin care routine, it's no secret that consistency is key. You can't expect to have clear, healthy skin if you only wash your face twice a week!
However, what's not to be overlooked is technique. That is, how you apply the product for maximum effect. Did you know that technique is important, even for something as simple as washing your face?
Check out our video below and then review the four steps to a perfect cleansing.
Here are the steps to achieving a perfectly clean face:
1. Start off with a wet face.
Whether you're in the shower or washing your face over a sink, make sure to give your face a good splashing of lukewarm water to rinse off any loose residue.
2. Apply the facial cleanser to your hands and massage into face.
Using your fingertips, work in the cleanser in a circular motion. This drives the concentrated cleanser deep into your pores.
3. Wet your hands, work up a lather, and massage face.
The foamy lather you've created performs a "lift action" to remove dirt and oil from pores.
4. Thoroughly rinse skin with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Be sure to pat your face dry. Don't rub, as it can be irritating to skin.
Here are few other tips to keep in mind:
- Mind the water temperature. Lukewarm water is ideal, as hot water can be drying to skin.
- Don't overdue it. You should only wash your face twice a day. If you're experiencing skin problems, it may be tempting to wash your face more often, but this can lead to drying and skin irritation.
- Fingertips do the job. No need to use a washcloth or any other implement to apply the cleanser. Your hands are all you need for a gentle cleansing.